Thursday, October 28, 2010

Review: Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Foundation

Oh Foundation, I am constantly on the hunt trying each new one on the market to see if you really deliver what you say you will. Generally these days I stick with Powder Mineral Foundation something that is very natural during the day as I really do not see the point in clogging my poor pores when I am just going to work. If, however I am going out for a night on the town or I am going to something like the races or a wedding then I would wear foundation. I often cringe when I see girls going to work with a thick layer of foundation on, it makes me think, man when do these girls let their skin breathe! When you look close enough (without looking like a weirdo) you can see all the little bumps on their skin, like I used to have which is blocked pores. Anyway, I will hop off my soap box to tell you about my latest try.

My most recent try is Maybelline Super Stay 24 hour Foundation with Micro Flex Formula- $21.95.

Right off the bat I find that a little bit goes a long way and depending on the coverage I want I can actually build it up. The next thing I notice is that it feels velverty on my skin, with a matt consistency. I really found the colour I used added warmth to my complexion as well, which considering I am now pasty as I am about to tan again, this does really help. 

Throughout the day I was noticing how it was handling the wear and tear and it stood up well. Gently feeling my skin (with back of hand) it still felt matt and soft and held up against oily skin. I hardly found the need to touch up which was very good if I am after that great stay foundation and if doing touch ups is something that is a little difficult. 


The colour stayed the same all day as well. All in all I am very impressed with this foundation and will continue to use it til the next new one comes along. 

miss chew

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, good and bad, but please be nice and consider would you say that to your mother?
miss chew
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...