Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Where to apply eye cream correctly and my current fave!

Now, I would think I wouldn't need to tell you, kind reader, about how important eye creams are, as I sit up all night thinking "please, please make sure my readers are putting on their eye cream" (honestly I do) but what worries me more so is that you might not be applying them correctly. Not applying eye creams correctly can lead to bruising the area and darker circles and god only knows what else, truly it can be so bad for you. The skin around your eye area is so super duper thin and sensitive that it needs to get treated as gently as you would a baby duckling, so I am going to share with you my top tips...
First off when you apply eye cream please do so with your ring finger, why? Well your ring finger has the smallest amount of pressure of all your fingers and you are less likely to go heave handed. 
Next DO NOT pull on the area, bad! Bad! Bad! I have shown you a diagram (sorry about the etch-a-sketch appearance) of where you should apply the eye cream, you do not, as what was commonly known need to apply it all over your eye lid and all underneath your eye -so keep your mitts away. 
Notice that in the picture you are applying the cream along your bone lines so above your eye lid and underneath your eye, feel those bones now... do it..... Your natural body heat will actually work the product to the areas right up under your eye and on your eye lid, your body is clever like that. 
The next point is when you apply it you go from the inner corner near your nose and outwards, never back in. This acts like lymphatic drainage on your sinuses and you don't want to go pushing all that fluid back, it can also decrease puffy eyes! Win! 
When I apply my eye cream I almost dab it on actually ever so gently, as I want my eye area looking as free of bags and wrinkles for as long as possible, don't you too? I remember watching an episode of Sex and the City when Carrie was swanning around her apartment getting ready for bed and all inner monologue like and she was applying eye cream in this exact dabbing like motion, no rubs or pulls there!


Now on to the products- my current fave right now is the newish Benefit B.Right It's Potent Eye Cream-$58.  I love this little gem, not only is it really easily absorbed and with no scent, but it doesn't still my eyes and it keeps fine lines at bay. 
This is what Benefit have to say: 'It's Potent' Eye Cream contains a peptide complex known to help restore elasticity and firmness, a blend of hydrating botanical extracts including apple extract, known to help boost collagen, and loquat extract, known to help protect the skin from free radical damage.

 I have been using this product for months now and I love it, my eyes love it too, for me, this really is a stand out in the whole skincare collection, which I will tell you more about soon. 

So now you all know how to correctly apply your eye creams, I hope this has been helpful!

I haven't done a tips and tricks blog in a while, I apologise for that and I will try do more. If there is a topic in particular you would like me to blog about, please let me know. 

Will you all be applying your eye cream properly now?

You can find Benefit at selected Myer and David Jones or online at www.adorebeauty.com.au

miss chew


xx

Please note this product was offered for consideration

6 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you did this post. As crazy as it seems, I've never been taught the correct technique to apply eye cream. The "ring finger dabbing" tip is fantastic!
    Thanks Jamie xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey babe,

    I am so glad you loved it. It really surprises me how many people don't know. So glad to hear good feedback xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i LOVED this post! ive only recently started using eye cream (shhhh) and its good to know im applying correctly! i remember once slathering it all over my eyelid only to get all watery & irritated, woops! must be that body heat thing, AMAZING!

    anyways, great post poppet! more like this please!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your article! I was reading from Cellulean reviews and I was redirected to your page. Thanks for the tip on how to apply eye cream properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1 year later and I have to say this post is tops. Was searching on how to apply eye cream especially where to apply and not apply as well as which direction to rub it in. You not only gave good directions but explained why.
    Informative and helpful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments, good and bad, but please be nice and consider would you say that to your mother?
miss chew
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...