Monday, July 25, 2011

A true classic perfume: Kiehl's Orginal Musk

It is a bottle I have seen a million times over the years and yet until recently I had never actually tried this little gem and now I wonder why! The Perfume I am referring to is Kiehl's Original Musk-$80. I visited Canberra on the weekend to take my new car for a good drive and to visit a gorgeous friends of mine Yasmin who had recently had a cute as a button bub who I was dying to meet.

This friend of mine is always so perfect with her appearance and whenever I come over I am always keen to snoop in her beauty shelves to see what she has been using and loving at the moment. One area which my friend excels in knowledge is perfumes, she really knows her stuff, I love them too and I think it really was because of her I finally realised that women really should own a perfume wardrobe to suit different seasons and occasions. 

Since having her bubba she commented that so many of her perfumes are just too over powering now and so she has just been sticking to the simple and classic Original Musk. I realised that they don't call this perfume a classic for no reason, when I first smelt this perfume on her skin it smelt like a grown up version of Musk sweets but what I loved was how it developed on her skin and my god it lasts well.

Who the perfume is described by Kiehl's: Our special Musk “recipe” begins with an initial creamy, fresh citrus burst of Bergamot Nectar and Orange Blossom...followed by a soft floral bouquet of Rose, Lily, Ylang-Ylang and Neroli. Finally, Original Musk Eau de Toilette dries down to a warm, sensual Oriental finish of Tonka Bean, White Patchouli and, of course, Musk...the soul of this distinctively modern scent.

My gorgeous friend has given me little samples to take home to use myself and I think I have had it on my non-stop and I am loving it, it is the kind of scent where people go, wow I love what your wearing, who is it? -but no one can actually place it.
I will be buying a nice big bottle of this for myself and wearing it all the time as my new fave scent, I find it perfect for this Winter weather as it is as comforting as a warm hug or a mug of hot chocolate. 

The bottle is divine as it is so old fashioned and antique which just makes it that little bit more special. 

You can find this beauitful bottle by calling Kiehl's on 02 9326 9980 or visiting their counters. 

Have you tried this perfume? What is your favourite "warm hug" perfume for Winter?

miss chew

xx

1 comment:

  1. i love the bottle!!! musk perfume always reminds me of my aunt, ill never be able to seperate it from her :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments, good and bad, but please be nice and consider would you say that to your mother?
miss chew
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...