Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Threading... the only way to get your brows done!

I had my next visit yesterday to the lovely Dee at the Clear Skin Clinic in Double Bay and after my facial I was asked if I wanted to have "Threading" done on my eyebrows. Now basically all I have previously known about threading is that its something to do with plucking eyebrows... 
Well wasn't I in for an eye opener... 
I personally have never been a fan of waxing my brows as I have really sensitive skin. With threading all my beautician uses is a piece of normal cotton thread... She then twists it between her fingers and away she goes.
What does it feel like? Well it hardly hurts, it feels like a light feathery action, which is the weirdest sensation. I have posted a video below I found on YouTube which I thought was a good way for you to understand what its like. The accuracy is unbelievable!
"Eyebrow threading is a preferred hair removal technique for a number of reasons. Unlike tweezing or plucking, eyebrow threading removes one clean line of hair all at once, making it much quicker and easier to shape the brows. Eyebrow threading also will not harm the skin like wax and some depilatory creams can. If done correctly, the skin should not be red or irritated for more than a few minutes after the eyebrow threading session. Some aestheticians also find it easier to shape eyebrows using this technique than other methods available." -wisegeek 

What Threading looks like
 How do my brows look, you ask: pretty freaking amazing! The shape is great and she did some great trimming too, so nice and neat yet didn't lose any of the fullness of my brows!
Where to go: Clear Skin Clinic, Double Bay
Price: $35 for inital consulation which includes all eyebrow shaping and trimming.
$25 after that! Cheap as chippies!!
Will I get it done again?: Hell yes! I will now be a regular there!
NOTE: make sure whoever does your brows is really expierence doing
threading. The lovely girl that did mine had over 10 years expierence.

Got to try it kids!

miss chew

xx




1 comment:

  1. This is amazing, ive never even heard of it... i want to try asap!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments, good and bad, but please be nice and consider would you say that to your mother?
miss chew
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...