Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Awards Celebrity Beauty Roundup

Well what a day, the night of nights was today if ya hadn't heard. The 83rd Annual Academy Awards aka the Oscars has now finished and it is these Red Carpet awards that gives us the trends that we will be looking towards for the next year. These awards are the crème de la crème. There were so many beautiful looks so I have chosen a few to discuss today and a few tools to help you recreate these looks.



Before I get into beauty I have to mention Camila Alves, Matthew McConaughey misses’, of all the red carpet looks her dress is just divine, she wore Kaufman Franco dress and just everything about it just screams classic elegance. What do you think? With a dress so stunning Camila was right on the money by choosing classic, simple accessories and a simple up-do. Camila's other accessory Matthew McConaughey isn't too shabby either!

Ok now back to beauty...

The first beauty look I want to discuss is Reese Witherspoon. Amongst all the updo’s to see a cute high ponytail with a nod to the 70’s is spot on trend. If you have been following my blog you would know that the 70’s is such a huge trend which will be continuing all through the year. I love that she has added volume to the top part of her hair; I imagine there was some backcombing happening to achieve that height. Her brows are perfectly groomed and are the perfect shade to suite her skin tone and hair colour. Reeses skin is luminous and her natural skin shines through. Her eye makeup is fantastic and is the true stand out item here, following through with the 70’s look she has gone for simple thick black liquid eyeliner which is my staple look as it never fails to impress. I think the important consideration when working out a red carpet look is to work out one focus feature and that’s it. Reeses focal feature is her eyes and everything else is subtle and not over powering.

I have just started using the Smashbox Cream Eyeliner in Caviar which is a true jet black-$32.95. To really get a thicker line I always use a brush, mine is Napoleon 2h. This pigment is strong and lasts all night. I have been using my Rimmel one for so long I forgot how much I love painting on eyeliner, there is something so retro about it.
  

The next celeb hottie I want to talk about is Mandy Moore. The newly married lass is looking gorgeous and continues on the luminous skin brigade everyone seems to be on these days. What I love most about her look is her gorgeous orange lipstick. Many Moore must have been reading my blog to know how hot the orange lip is right now. To recreate this look yourself I love the Innoxa orange lipstick called sunset-$14.95 as it has a great matt finish which lasts really well. The only part of this look I am a little disappointed with is I feel her hair is pulled back a little too tightly and I would have loved to see more texture in her ‘do.
 
Black Swan hottie Mila Kunis turned up the heat and had heads spinning with this sultry look. Her hair do with the subtle wave looks so vintage that I love it, it just says elegance, with her floaty, lacey, purple dress they are paired up wonderfully. Her eyes are just wonderful here and to achieve this look you need to line all around the entire eye, lower and upper eyelids with a black Kohl pencil. Her eyelids look like they are shaded in with a soft brown eyeshadow which really makes her eyes pop. The rest of her face is kept so simple with soft pink lips and a soft pink blush on the apples of her cheeks.
 Well that is about all I have in me guys, I hope you enjoyed watching the red carpet action just as much as I did. I would love to hear from you, who did you think rocked it on the red carpet? Who did you think was a miss?

miss chew

xx 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, good and bad, but please be nice and consider would you say that to your mother?
miss chew
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...