Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Running for my life to raise Funds for those in need!

{Image Source We Heart It}
Hey guys, on a not so beauty related topic I wanted to let you know what I have been up to these last few months. After Thailand I found I didn't have much motivation to excerise and eat well as Summer seemed a million miles away and it was oh so cold so I decided to enter some fun runs. What started out being something casual that I wanted to mainly walk has turned into something of a mission for me and has really made a huge difference in my life. I now train up to 5 times a week and run up to 14km in a go which for me is a feat I never thought I would be able to do. 


There are 2 races I have entered, the first one is called the Pub2Pub run and is on the Northern Beaches from Dee Why Beach to Newport which is 13km, the first 800m is a soft sand run (which I am most worried about) on Sunday 28th August, this one will be the real tricky one for me. I have decided to try and fundraise and to help push me through when I run this race. I will be raising money for the Oncology Childrens Foundation I have set up a Donations page which you can view here and I would ask now if you have any spare change I would love if you could please donate to the amazing cause to help little kids with cancer in the hope of one day erradicating this terrible illness.

The other race I have entered is part of the Sydney Running Festival which is a 9km Bridge run which goes over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and around the harbour which will be amazing, this one I am trying to cover for speed to see just how fast I can do it! I am raising money for this race too and the money I raise will be going to St John Ambulance, a organisation very close to my heart. I was a member with them from the age of 8-21years and I know just how amazing those volunteers are and the countless hours they give to helping others. You can view that donation page here.

I know everyone is really busy and most are on strict budgets but I would to be able to run these races knowing that I was giving back. So please check out the pages and the charities and anything you are able to give I would be so welcome. 


Please if you could share this link around too, it all helps. 


Thank you from the bottom of my heart, 


miss chew


xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, good and bad, but please be nice and consider would you say that to your mother?
miss chew
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...