Thursday, August 11, 2011

INTERVIEW: Personal Hairdresser Colin Bond

Today I thought I would bring you an interview with my hairdresser Colin Bond, not only is he well respected in his field but he operated directly to you, that's right, if you live in Sydney he comes to your house to do your hair. This is a huge deal for me as my time is so limited and he brings everything he could possibly need and my fave part is he gives you a drink of frangelico... yummmm... So now, onto the interview...

1. What made you branch out into personal hairdressing?
Colin: After many years working with Toni & Guy and then in my own studio in Surry Hills, it was time to branch out and try something new. It seemed like a natural progression to provide an at home service to my clients that were starting to have children. I have now created a unique in home personalised hair experience complete with a glass of Frangelico and some tunes. My business is further expanding to service increasingly time poor people that are finding it harder to get to the salon and prefer to have their hair done in the comfort of their homes.

2. What products are you loving right now to use on your clients?
Colin: Loreal and O&M organic hair products. They not only smell beautiful but leave the hair with a natural long lasting shine. I'm loving O&M Atomic spray which works really well on fine hair giving it extra body without weighing it down and I love O&M Hydrate & Conquer shampoo for coloured hair.


3. What trends to you see coming for Summer for hair styles, shapes and colours?
Colin: I'm not the sort of person to follow what everyone else is doing with trends as it's all been done, so why follow. Life is about being different and creating something for the individual, something that suits, is wearable and easy to manage. The fringe has been worn in every possible way and it's definitely something that will not go out of fashion providing the hairline sits well. Brunettes and blondes are here to stay. My clientele are predominately Mums who are wanting something different but very to manage.

4. I have balayage in my hair (as is quite popular right now) and I want to know what people like me need to do to look after this particular colour? 
Colin: Balayage is most definitely the colour of the moment for mid to long hair. Its works well when the hair has a slight wave too. I would recommend a good treatment once a week leaving for 30-mins wrapped up in a hot towel and a great conditioner. To style, either let it dry naturally providing you have a slight wave or curl, or twist it up, pin, let it dry and viola, a natural curl.

Thanks Colin, I must admit when Colin uses the O & M products on me my hair is incredibly soft, definitely something to invest in!

To find out more information about colin you can visit his website: http://www.colinbond.net or see his facebook page here.

Have you guys tried Original and Mineral Products before? Would you like a hairdresser to come to your home?

miss chew

xx

3 comments:

  1. lovely blog ^^

    please check my blog out
    www.missmarshmello.blogspot.com

    found you on bloglovin <3 and followed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Hydrate & Conquer and all the O&M prods. It is the most divine smelling shampoo I've ever tried.

    Love a hairdresser that comes to you. My hairdresser used to do my hair after hours in the salon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miss Chew, Bond Personal Hairdressing has a special offer on for the month of May, I thought you & your readers might be interested x

    KEEP CALM AND BOOK A MAY APPOINTMENT.
    Book a May appointment and receive 20% off for a cut & colour or 10% off a haircut only. Mention this offer when booking. 0415-141-980 www.colinbond.net

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments, good and bad, but please be nice and consider would you say that to your mother?
miss chew
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...