Travis travels to Fashion Weeks across the globe each year to style models’ hair for catwalk shows. He is no stranger to creating celebrity looks, having styled Lady Gaga’s hair for the Alejandro video to name just one.Travis’s styling expertise has also seen him working on international jobs such as Calvin Klein and Italian Vogue, so this guy really knows his hair. I was able to ask him a few short questions and also pick his brains on how he created one of his gorgeous looks.
1. What do you see as the key hair-do trends for Summer? Long, loose, feminine enhancing natural texture, polished beautiful hair
2. What do you see as the hot hair colours for Summer? Textured and multi-tonal blondes working with pearl & creamy tones on the mid lengths and ends with warmer biscuit tones through to shortbread colours on the roots will be the season’s hottest colours! Wella has actually just released four fabulous new shades of blonde for summer which help achieve these tones
Re-creating the look:
- Shampoo with Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo then condition with Brilliance Conditioner (both RRP $24) to create weight-less shine and help retain colour in hair. Apply Wella Professionals “Velvet Amplifier” (RRP $24), which works like a make-up primer, preparing hair for further styling. Apply Wella Volume Boost Mousse (RRP $24) and then blow dry with your hands to create volume with natural texture
- Part hair loosely on the side
- Roll hair around itself on side one, creating a loose victory roll, which should sit low. Make sure it’s not too symmetrical
- Roll the hair into a loose shape and fasten with grips/bobby pins
- Repete these steps on side two
- To personalise with accessories in this picture I used gold slides
- Finish with Wella Professionals “Stay Styled” (RRP $24) to secure the look keep it natural with a soft shine
|Just gorgeous huh?|
I hope you have found this interview helpful. I really love the Wella brand and every shampoo, conditioner or styling product I have used I have not been able to fault, they are salon quality and only sold in salons for a reason. If you haven't tried this brand before I highly recommend you do.