Thursday, May 26, 2011

REVIEW: Rimmel 25 Hour Lasting Finish Foundation

I have been a fan of Rimmel LONDON foundations for a while now, they are my go-to for the cheaper end of the scale foundations that really do the trick especially for say work days when I just want some coverage whilst saving my goodies for more special occasions. 
When my last one ran out I decided to try the new Rimmel LONDON Lasting Finish 25 hour Foundation- $17.95. 25 hours? Come on! 
I was skeptical to the say the least but you know what? I have really long days and I am so flat chat all day running from meeting to meeting that I don't have time to touch up my makeup all day and I can't be bothered to tell you the truth, not for average work days, so I really need heavy duty makeup.

This foundation they say is transfer proof, smudge proof so I put it to the test. It also contains something called a "Aqua primer" which is supposed to help your skin stay hydrated all day as well.

They have 7 shades to suit most skin types and whilst I normally pick the very most lightest shade I went with 103 or true ivory. (Gosh I am pale). This colour suits me ridiculously well and makes my skin look so even toned and provides fantastic coverage (big tick right there). I do set the foundation with my translucent powder which I always do. 

During the day I notice that my makeup hold really well especially on my cheeks and forehead throughout the whole day. The only area which I would say probably required a touch up would be my chin area but I have been eating apples whilst driving. not to mention talking non stop so I make that area work really hard. 

Do I think it lasts 25 hours? Probably not the full 25 hours and I am not going to try sleeping with it on but I was really happy throughout the day and I will continue to use it. 

Just a quick note also about the effects of the "Aqua Primer" I have been under some serious conditions whilst wearing this baby and I do still continue to spray with my Dermalogica Hydrmist but in saying that this is definitely not a drying foundation that's for shiz. 

Would I recommend this product? Yes I certaintly would if you are after a cheap foundation that gives great coverage.

Have you tried this foundation before?

miss chew

xx






3 comments:

  1. i have heard great reports about this foundation. I must give it a go.
    Thanks for the review J xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. To find the best wrinkle cream or other skin products based on their skin type, read consumer wrinkle cream reviews before making any decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried it, but you've made me really want to. Even though I'd never want to find out if it actually does last for 25 hours. d:

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments, good and bad, but please be nice and consider would you say that to your mother?
miss chew
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...